Sunday, September 26, 2010

A succesful night...


After I wrote this rather upbeat post last night, I did manage eventually to go to bed, although I was a bit reluctant, because I was worried about waking up in the middle of the night and getting up and having another crazy session behind the computer. So, I postponed going to bed until I was really tired and then fell asleep quickly. I did get up once to go to the toilet, but rather than stay up, I went back to bed and continued sleeping and slept until 6 am this morning. I think that's some sort of a new record and I am much pleased with it. 

There was some doubt in my mind when I got up in the middle of the night about going back to sleep, but the memory of the night before was fresh in my mind and I didn't want a repeat of it. What I really want is a normal sleeping schedule and I must abide by some rules if I want to achieve that. That means going to bed at normal times and sleeping at normal times, just like other people do. The night is there for a reason, after all. I can't sleep whenever I feel like it and wake up whenever I feel like it and keep myself awake artificially with coffee. I mess with the natural order of things and that does me no good in the end, as has been made very clear to me. I will take a nap sometime today so that I will be able to stay up tonight until it is a decent time to go to bed. That should take care of things. 

I'm happy to report that my hair has survived the night of sleep well too. It is barely out of place. I think I have to brush it a little bit to get it looking just right again, but it is hardly necessary. It really is easy hair. Now that I don't have wax or gel or hairspray in it, it doesn't feel sticky and stick up in odd places or get squashed down in others. That was always a problem with the funky haircuts I had before. I'm so ready not to be funky anymore, though this haircut is fun too and it doesn't show my bald spot, which is a definite improvement. I'm afraid I inherited that from my mother who had thin hair herself.

I'm very happy that it's Sunday and that it's very quiet outside. Not even the church bells have sounded yet, except to ring the time on the hour and half hour. The world is still asleep and will be fairly quiet for the rest of the day. 

I'm looking forward to picking out the clothes I'm going to wear today. They will be my Sunday clothes, but I'm going to wear them tomorrow too when I have to go to creative class. So, great care must be taken to look especially nice. And to be warm, because it's only going to be about 13C. 

I hope you all have a nice Sunday morning. 

Ciao,
Nora

6 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

love the haircut....you look very nice ♥

Bev said...

Love the new photo of you.

Losing track about your blogs - last time I looked it was 'Duelling', now it's laughing!!

Maggie May said...

Great haircut and photo. I actually like you using your own photo better than the other one!
(I'm a fine one to talk but at least you know I am not really a Japanese doll!)
Hope today went well today.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Wisewebwoman said...

Love the 'do, really really suits you!
XO
WWW

Cate Rose said...

I'm so glad you've got your own picture now. I think it's better to be upfront about ourselves -- if someone doesn't like us just as we are, that's THEIR problem! And you look great!

lebanesa said...

I commented, but got Service Unavailable
have to go, will try and comment tomorrow again
xxx