Saturday, July 2, 2011

Solitary night blogging...


I'm yawning and I'm not completely awake yet. This cup of coffee I'm having is supposed to take care of that, or the next cup will. One way or the other, I will be in better shape shortly. I won't quite have the dishrag quality that I have now.

I'm not in a grumpy mood. I feel pretty mellow and even keeled. I'm just a little under the influence of sleep because I woke up prematurely. There was no real reason to. For a change it wasn't the dog's fault. He was sound asleep. I was merely gripped by the need to be awake.

I'm sitting here in my pajamas and socks and I'm still warm enough to not need my bathrobe. The hot coffee is heating my insides. It's a cool night outside but the apartment stays warm, even with the bedroom windows open. When I start to drink cold milk, I'll have to dress warmer, as it always cools me down a lot.

If I don't stop yawning so badly, I'll dislocate my jaw. I hope the coffee works quickly. Maybe I didn't make it strong enough. It's probably not carrying enough of a punch. I was too sleepy headed when I made it. I fumbled with the spoon and ground coffee and eyeballed the amount. I have to be more careful about these things in the middle of the night.

Yesterday went by quickly. I don't know sometimes where the days go. They very often seem to speed by. It seems that the older I get, the more quickly time passes. Hours pass as if they are mere minutes and even though the daylight lasts longer, the sun sets before I know it.

I feel that today I have to be more aware of time and how I spend it. I should not let the hours go to waste, although that is what I do very often very carelessly. Time is like a daydream that I float through with a few points of attention.

Tonight my sister and I are going to see a French film that's supposed to be humorous. It will be a light comedy and be entertaining. It's playing not too late and with a little bit of luck, I'll be home on time to see the episode of 'Wallander' that's on TV tonight. That way I'll have a doubly entertaining evening. I haven't been to the film house in ages and it's about time. If I enjoy myself, I'm going to make it a point to go more often. Say, once a month.

I'm drinking cold milk now and have cooled off and put on my bathrobe. It's funny how predictable some things are. It's like eating ice cream and getting chilled all over. I know for sure now that I won't be eating any ice cream because that's not going to help me lose weight. If I want to get rid of those love handles, that's something I absolutely have to avoid.

Shrinking my one pair of size 14 skinny jeans has worked out real well and they fit perfectly now. I washed them on the highest temperature in the washing machine. I think they are a size 12 now, like the other pair I have. They are sufficiently tight anyway and don't slide down my hips. It would have been even better if I'd had a dryer to put them in, but this will do.

I think I will go back to bed now. It's still in the middle of the night and I have no business being up yet. The animals are sound asleep anyway. The problem is that I'm not sleepy, so I may lie awake for a while. I guess the coffee carried more punch than I thought.

I hope you're all having a good night.

Ciao,
Nora

3 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I am dizzy from following you around my friend.
I hope you sleep well the second time around.
Enjoy your weekend!
XO
WWW

CorvusCorax12 said...

enjoy the movie.. still nursing a cold , but it's getting better :)
have a good saturday

Gail said...

You lucky lady! The only way any of my jeans slide down is if the seams rip.

Have a great weekend. Off to work.