Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ma'am, it's not broken...


I'm sitting here in the afternoon with a cup of coffee and a cigarette and am enjoying the relative peace and quiet that reign. Outside the sun is periodically shining and it looks warmer than it actually is. Inside it is warm enough and I'm wearing an extra cardigan just to be on the safe side. I don't like to be the least bit chilled, as I am a creature of comfort. I don't do suffering very well and avoid it at all cost. I don't think it's necessary to the human condition.

I would like to be in charge of all the temperatures and make it comfortable everywhere, but then I really ought to go live in a sub-tropical climate. I would prefer that to a tropical climate where it would be too hot and humid. I wouldn't want to sweat all day and have to use a deodorant every ten minutes. It would be okay if I got to live by the blue sea and go swimming all day long, although I don't look good in a bikini, but that's nothing to worry about if you live by yourself in a shack on a lonely beach. You can go naked then.

I did enjoy living in a sub-tropical climate when I lived in California. I thought it was just perfect, except for the occasional heatwave. In the wintertime people were always worrying about getting chilled and wearing a jacket, while I thought the temperature was just lovely. I really liked the rainy season when the rain fell straight out of the sky in buckets. It wasn't cold and you could go outside and walk in it. It isn't like here where you freeze your buns off. 

Well, I don't have to worry about walking around and generally using my knee and bending it. It isn't broken. I knew ahead of time that it wasn't going to be, even though it does really hurt. At least I don't have to worry about damaging it when I use it. I can pretty much ignore the pain and do what I am able to. I have to call the doctor tomorrow and hear what she has to say about it. I assume that she will prescribe rest. 

In the meantime I do some limping and try to make myself as comfortable as possible. I'm not taking any painkillers. I don't think those are necessary. They can be hard on your stomach anyway. I feel more relaxed now about walking around and about taking Tyke out. I know I'm not hurting anything by doing so. All in all it's a big relief.

Tyke's decided he needs some attention. I'm alternately petting him and typing this. 

Have a great day!

Ciao,
Nora










9 comments:

Casdok said...

Good to hear nothing is broken - i also dont like to take pain killers.

aims said...

Oh sweetie! You didn't tell me you had fallen! Tsk tsk tsk. I would have moaned with you! You know that don't you?!

I'm so glad it isn't broken. It does sound horrible!

I'll have to take a pic of the new ankle boots I managed to pick up for a song and a dance. The Man spotted them and brought them to my attention and of course they just fit perfectly. Where I'll wear them is beyond me but I don't care. I could wear them around the barn I guess!

Take care and rest okay? I'll heat up my wheatie bag and use it just for you!

xoxoxoo from New Orleans -

Fragrant Liar said...

Yikes, sorry about the state of your knee. Probably getting around and using it instead of letting it atrophy is a good thing. Rest up though, and get well.

Babaloo said...

Glad to hear your knee isn't too badly damaged. It's probably just sprained or strained. Rest is the best in that case and, if it's swollen, cold compresses.
Pain killers would probably lead to you overdoing as you wouldn't feel the pain, so if you can go without them that's better.

So, put your feet and knee up and rest! xx

Bernie said...

I found this post further down on my Reader.....so glad your knee is not broken, hope it is not causing you much pain. Take care my friend,
......:-)Hugs

Gail said...

So very glad nothing is broken

Wisewebwoman said...

so so glad it is nothing too serious but please take care of it, the aging bones and muscles and nerves take a while to heal, be kind to yourself my friend.
XO
WWW

Birdman said...

Good health... make it back to the real world soon. hahahaha

Grit said...

hope your knee feels better quickly! living in a sub tropical climate for now, i don't feel i can dispute what you say about the weather. although the 90% humidity in summer is hard work. that's the moment i long for some temperate northern frost.