Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not enough of a good thing...


I'm sitting here with a glass of ice cold milk and a cigarette. I just woke up from a short nap on the sofa, which made me feel a lot better than I did before I took it. I was a bit discombobulated and feeling like I wasn't quite all together and thought it was because of the missing pill. I've just now taken all my evening medicines and should be doing okay in no time at all. 

Outside it is raining and melting a lot of the snow and ice, which is good. I wish it would rain more and really get rid of it. I would love to see clean streets and sidewalks. I'm afraid that the rain isn't coming down hard enough to wash away the toughest of the ice. It really needs to pour for that.

Maybe I should do a rain dance, though I'm not related to any kind of an aboriginal at all and probably don't have the right powers and accouterments. The gods would not be fooled by me, a western European woman. I probably can't dance down the rain, but I could give it an honest effort. Can you see me now, out on the patio? That would be a sight!

It's already dark outside and the streetlights are on. I still have the window shades up and can see a splatter of rain hit the windows every now and then. Inside it's cozy with the lamps and the heater on. I've just fed the animals, so they are happy. They do patiently wait in the kitchen until I notice them there. Not a peep out of them. I wish Tyke would be more assertive and carry his dish to me. Or that Gandhi would at least meow.

The Exfactor was here earlier in the day to drink coffee. He could actually make it up the street on his motorcycle. He has been having to park it at the beginning of the street and walk the rest of the way, because it was too slippery.

He told me the same story of how many films he took apart and how many trailers of films and how many advertisements and how long it took him. It makes me cross eyed with boredom. He only has a couple of stories and he tells me the same ones over and over again. He's like an old demented man. I feel that he's slowly driving me mad with them.

It's possible that we don't have enough to talk about for two visits in the week. I certainly don't know enough except for what I hear on the news, so I don't have that much to contribute.

Well, that's really all I've got to tell you, speaking of interesting contributions.

Have a nice evening.

Ciao,
Nora

7 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

have a good night my friend...i don't have much to tell either.

Bev said...

Hope your medications work out.

All the snow has gone here too but it is still freezing and makes for a hard dry ground which I quite like because it means Scamp doesn't get muddy paws!

Maggie May said...

Please don't do a rain dance! We've had enough!
I think its that time of the year that there isn't much to tell.
Have a good night.
Maggie x

Nuts in May

Reggie said...

I know what it's like trying to have a conversation with someone who has one topic...ugh!

Irene said...

Bev, that's a good reason to be grateful for freezing weather. I can think of no better one.

XOX

Anonymous said...

I think that's the way men are, telling the same old stories over and over again, with maybe one additional detail. Porsche Guy does that too, and even though I adore him, he bores me to tears sometimes! But I smile and nod, because I am well aware that sometimes I do it right back to him!

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh I was married to one like that too, Nora, with him it was 2 topics, militia and his own unrecognized hypochondria.
Glaze. Droop. Drool. Jerk Awake.
Repeat ad finitum.
No rain dances please.
XO
WWW