Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Managing my life...


After going to bed at a not too indecent time last night, I did manage to sleep until a decent enough time this morning. I actually woke up because I had a terrible pain in my knee and was dreaming about furniture oil to oil my knee with. It hurt because of the way I had been sleeping with it: slightly bent and with my other leg on top of it. Once I got up out of bed, it was much better. I was not crippled and could use it normally. 

I don't know if I've had enough sleep, but I'll assume that I did and start the day accordingly. I've had my first cup of coffee and I've taken my medicines. The pills that are so necessary to my functioning well, especially lately. I still have to make a new pot of coffee because the coffee I drank was left over and heated up in the microwave. It was the easiest thing to do first thing when I got up. Yes, it's terrible, but I'll make a great pot of coffee next. 

Today, after two weeks, I'm finally seeing my psychiatrist and my SPN. It's been so very necessary that I talk to them and I've been unable to. That's been the hardest thing about all of this: to not have their feedback. There's been no phone or email contact or anything. I've had to invent the wheel on my own. It's been tough going and I hope not to be in that position again. To be without help from both of them at the same time. The timing was excruciatingly wrong.

Having just written that down, I'm already a bundle of nerves because I have to deal with the problems of the last two weeks. I don't know if I'm up to it. I would like to forget everything and start over from scratch, but of course I can't. Things must be dealt with. 

I would like to write something very cheerful now and get my thoughts off serious things. I can tell you that the sun is shining and that the sky is blue. I have to think about what to wear today. It has to be practical and good looking at the same time and not too warm to wear. Is that a feat or what? The possibilities are endless and it boggles my mind. It will take some pondering over. 

Right, I'll get the show on the road. 

Have a good day.

Ciao,
Nora




5 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Your day will go well, your time with your support people will be of huge benefit and throw some insight and validation into your experiences over the past couple of weeks. It has been a rough time for you, girl, but you are on the other side of it now.
Special hugs.
XO
WWW

CorvusCorax12 said...

i'm glad you see them today too, it will be emotional for sure but probably very helpful

Maggie May said...

Hope you got on well and that you'll have *got it off your chest* as the saying goes.
Hope you are feeling better.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Jeannette StG said...

Hi, I'm on after-Easter recoup, lol! You asked if I had a special meal with Easter: I was very lucky, because my daughter baked cornish hens and everything else organic!
Hopefully you're more at ease after your visit to the docs:)

Gail said...

You are a strong woman and have the power within you to do this.