Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Quickly done...


I've made myself a cup of coffee to get the cobwebs out of my mind from the nap I just took. Hopefully it will perk me up soon or I will have to keep yawning. Naps are supposed to revitalize me, but very often I'm a bit of a wreck afterwards. There must be something appealing about them, though, otherwise I wouldn't keep taking them. Every so often I must be tired enough to need them.

I always feel like eating something when I wake up from my naps and I go look in the kitchen for something good. This time I had a package of crackers and I shared them with the dog because I couldn't finish them. The dog usually gets the last bit of any food I eat because I can't finish it. It's become a tradition. He sits by my side while I eat and waits for the leftovers.

Speaking of food, I remembered to go on the bathroom scale first thing this morning and I had lost a whole kilo. This despite the fact that I've been eating very well. It must be because I'm eating healthy and in small portions that I'm losing weight. I was not expecting it with the amount of medication I'm still taking. It's hard to lose weight with those medicines. 

I'm going to try and lose another 3 kilos. That's my next goal. Of course, I should ignore my weight now and not go on the scale anymore. That would be the best tactic. I hope I just forget to weigh myself first thing in the morning because anything after that isn't going to count.

The cup of coffee has worked its magic and the cobwebs are gone. I've also stopped yawning. It's almost time for the 6 o'clock new so I have to hurry up and finish this. It's turning into a little bitty post. 

I hope you're all having a good day.

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I gave up the scales many years ago as it fed into my OCD. The scales telling me what mood I should be in for the day was not a good thing!
But good for you on managing your weight so well!
XO
WWW

aims said...

I got on the scales this morning for the first time in a long time. I think I found that kilo you lost - dammit!

Love that picture!! Is it real?

Maggie May said...

I think your lost kilo has come over here. Want it back?
What an exciting picture. Would you go on a ride like that?I wouldn't.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Maggie May said...

PS..... I see its not a ride but a bridge! Silly me!
Maggie X

Nuts in May