Friday, November 26, 2010

Around the bend...



The day has gone by quickly and already it is the end of the afternoon.The day has been overcast almost all day and it didn't get warmer than 34F degrees. Still, I did not experience that as cold and I think I'm just getting used to it, although it may be the absence of any wind that may have something to do with it too. The sun is about to set and I will have to turn the lights on in the living room.

The domestic help has been here and left me with a clean apartment. She folded the dry laundry and did the dishes, unasked for. She's a bundle of efficiency. She cuddles Tyke and plays with him and Tyke is crazy about her. He eagerly waits behind the front door when she's rung the intercom and nearly jumps in her arms. Then he runs and gets one of his favorite toys and shows it to her proudly.

The first thing Tyke does, after she's vacuumed and mopped the living room floor, is get all his toys that have been gathered in one spot and distribute them all over the clean floor. It's hilarious and we always end up laughing about it. He doesn't like all his toys neatly in one place. We're supposed to trip over them and pretend it's an obstacle course. 

The dog gets spoiled by every woman who enters this apartment and he loves all of them.  He likes their good smells and their happy, light voices and their soft hands. He thinks they all come here especially for him and can't wait to bond with them. What he wants more then anything is a belly rub, but any kind of attention will do. Just being talked to makes him happy, but he loves a good perfume.  He's crazy about any woman who smells good.  One of my personal helpers always wears very good perfumes and Tyke very much would like to lie in her lap and never move from there.

Gandhi is just happy if she didn't get locked up in the same room with the vacuum cleaner, because she is scared of it. She does return as soon as it's turned off, because she is a member of the tribe and doesn't want to feel left out. She is very much a people cat and likes to be in the presence of company. As long as the vacuum cleaner stands silent and doesn't move around, she can stand walking past it. She does want to sit on everyone's lap, but people are funny about cats and are less tolerant of cat hair and the sharp nails that they imagine every cat has. People either love cats or dislike them a lot. It's not like with dogs. I've not had a lot of cat lovers here yet. Poor Gandhi. 

Tyke is telling me that it's time to go for a walk. Unfortunately, we have to wait for the delivery boy from the pharmacy to get here first. I hope he can be patient enough until that time. I'm going to have to distract him. 
I hope you all have a good evening. 

Ciao,
Nora

3 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh I love the stories of your wee friends. I had one dog who if she liked you would bring out all her "family" one by one for your approval. Your story reminded me of her so much.
Sounds like you had a nice day, my friend and you are En Balance very nicely.
XO
WWW

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh I love the stories of your wee friends. I had one dog who if she liked you would bring out all her "family" one by one for your approval. Your story reminded me of her so much.
Sounds like you had a nice day, my friend and you are En Balance very nicely.
XO
WWW

Maggie May said...

The vacuum cleaner can be scary and the rabbits don't like it to get too near them, either.
Isn't it annoying the way animals love to mess up a clean tidy place. Rabbits are just the same. they like to tip up the trays and scatter sawdust and turn the boxes upside down and spill things. They just seem to have a sense of humour. I guess Tyke is the same.
Glad you had a good day.
Maggie X

Nuts in May