Sunday, November 28, 2010

Getting started...


Because it's Sunday, I had a convoluted day. I spent a lot of the night awake and slept all of the morning. I didn't get up until 1 pm and took my time getting my act together. I was very much discombobulated and needed two tranquilizers to settle down. Then I took the dog for a walk in the icy cold. Although the sun was shining, there was frost on everything, but the cold air felt good on my face and I was dressed warm enough. 

The dog doesn't seem to be bothered by the cold at all, but then he does have on his own winter coat. That's why I don't want to get him trimmed right now, but I am going to have to consider it next month when it is going to get too long and some of it is going to have to get cut off. Maybe he can get partially trimmed and not as severely as he was  the last time. I think he's going to be too cold if it is. 

I need to get back to a normal schedule tonight, because tomorrow regular life starts again. It's okay to be careless for a little while, but I can't keep doing it. I do have to have structure and having a normal night's sleep is one of the things that comes with it. I don't actually enjoy being off my normal schedule like I used to. I do appreciate sleeping through the night. I have a better day if I do. Getting up in the middle of the night is not the thrill it used to be, but then again, I may have made that claim before. 

The sun is going down and it is getting cold in here. I've just turned up the thermostat. I'm shivering in my thinner cardigan. I decided to wear it, because the other one was to warm, I thought. I think I'll make myself a cup of hot chocolate to heat up my insides. It would be nice if I had marshmallows to put in it, but that's wishful thinking.  I'd probably finish the bag of marshmallows before I'd finish the package of chocolate mix. It would still be nice, though. 

I'm just now beginning to feel normal. All this time I've felt that I've been in a bad dream that I could not wake up from. I must have finally got back to my senses. It sure took long enough. I feel like I've walked out of a confusing place into a place where everything makes sense. I can think straight again. It happened as quickly as opening a door and walking through it, but it really makes me think of the saying that when God closes a door somewhere, he opens a window some place else. That's what it feels like. 

I've made my cup of hot chocolate and very delicious it is too. Very filling also. I can't drink it too quickly, otherwise I'll start burping, but since I'm here on my own, it doesn't matter too much. The animals don't mind. 

Have a great evening.

Ciao,
Nora











5 comments:

Maggie May said...

It is perishing cold here. Keep warm my friend.
Thanks for the advice. I think you are right. I will wait.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Lane Mathias said...

I think it doesn't hurt to have a day of discombobulation - and you picked the right day of the week to have it:-)

Probably best to keep Tyke unclipped, or at least only semi clipped for a while. This freezing weather is here for a while unfortunately.

Hope you sleep well tonight Nora.

Bernie said...

My sister in Scotland is receiving lots of snow, it is -7 here today and cloudy. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight dear friend,
....:-)Hugs

Gail said...

It is cooler here but no snow.

Glad you are feeling better.

Wisewebwoman said...

Try and regulate my friend, I was slipping a little too into nightwalker status and have righted myself. Lack of daylight can contribute to inertia and depression.
We need to grab the few hours in the winter particularly.
Keep the wee boy furred up, it is so cold over there and so warm here, go figure.
XO
WWW