Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A pot of strong tea...


It's early in the morning and I've run out of coffee, so I've made a pot of strong tea and it seems to be doing the job of waking me up properly too, which I had not expected, although I hoped it would do something. I've had 2 mugs of tea and feel as wide awake as if I had one mug of coffee. I am much pleased and can't believe it's working. I thought I had to sit here half asleep forever, but it's not true. 

Because I was emotionally so wiped out yesterday, I went to bed at 4 o'clock in the afternoon and slept until some time in the evening, when I briefly got up because I thought I was awake. If I had had coffee then, I would have had some and become awake, but luckily I didn't have any, so in the shortest amount of time I was back in bed and sound asleep until about 4 o'clock this morning. You could say that I slept almost 12 hours and that's a long time for me.

I feel much better this morning than I did yesterday afternoon and have courage again. Yesterday afternoon I was rapidly spiraling downwards and it was not a heck of a lot of fun. I'll spare you the details of how I tried to cope with that. I didn't do anything stupid, but I reached out and touched a lot of people. That's always kind of embarrassing afterwards. I was aided and abetted in this by my personal helper and I have to watch that as she tries her best to rescue me. There can be too much of that too. She becomes an enabler instead of a helper. She starts grasping at straws and has me grasping at them too. I have to keep my own council more.

My personal helper and I are meeting my SPN today. This was at the request of my personal helper who wants to know better how to help me and I think she will be set straight by both my SPN and me, because my personal helper seems to think that I need to be rescued somehow out of a terrible situation. She doesn't realize that I have good people working in my interest. 

Ha! The dull details of my life. Let me think of what else I can tell you. The Exfactor is coming by this morning to do the groceries and it's a good thing too, because I'm running out of things. I'm down to my last little bit of milk and I'm going to drink that shortly, although I must say that the tea doesn't make me nearly as thirsty as the coffee does. So it's true that tea is a great thirst quencher. I'll drink more of it in the future and put a couple of packages on the shopping list. It's called English Tea, but the English probably don't have it. 

Okay, I'm off to other things. 

Have a really terrific day.

Ciao,
Nora

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

Theres nothing like a good pot of tea to put things back into perspective.
I am drinking mine now while perusing the blogs.
Must go downstairs soon as my rabbits need me! LOL!
It is good to be needed even if it is only by animals!

Hope things will be easier for you today.
Maggie xxxxxx

Nuts in May

CorvusCorax12 said...

hope you have a successful appointment today, good luck :)

Gail said...

May this day be perfect.

Country Gal said...

I love a good cup of tea , having been brought up British lol and they love their tea. I read years ago that tea has more caffeen in it then coffee lol guess thats why I am always on go lol Laughter and and a good cup of tea are our medicine ! Have a good day !